Region 8 MLRA
Provides quality assurance of soil information in the Southwest Region using
National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) standards. It provides assistance
to 7 MLRA soil survey offices located in parts of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico,
Texas, and Utah.
Region 8 Leader: Cathy McGuire
Assistant Region 8 Leader: Leslie Glover
Region 8 Location:
230 N First Avenue, Suite 509
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Host State Conservationist:
David L. McKay
The primary responsibility of the Region 8 Office is to ensure regional
consistency of soil information through quality assurance of the following key
- MLRA Soil Survey Leader is conducting quality control within the MLRA
area of responsibility.
- MLRA Soil Survey Leader is coordinating and communicating with
- MLRA Soil Survey Leader is following Region 8 Operating Procedures.
- State Soil Scientist is providing direction and support to complete
initial soil mapping within National timelines.
- Soil survey is science-based and fits within the broader MLRA spatial
- Soil survey meets the standards and specifications of the NCSS.
Region 8 staff directory
The following document requires
Status of Soil
Survey - Region 8 (PDF; 292 KB)
< Back to Soils